Indonesia Do's & Don't
There are numerous
ethnic, religious and linguistic communities which reside in
Indonesia. Yet, the country is mostly dominated by the Muslim
community. Indonesia is frequently visited by tourists all over
the world for its exotic locations, temples and other popular
attractions. So; it is always advisable for the tourists to follow
some tips for do’s and don’ts in Indonesia. If you follow these
tips then your trip will be much more enjoyable.
Tips for Do’s in Indonesia:
• People of Indonesia are very religious so you can show your
respect by wearing properly when you are supposed to enter a
temple or mosque.
• It is better to change money at a reputable looking location.
Moreover you can use your own or the hotel's calculator before
changing the money.
• If you are planning
to spend a lot of time in beach then put on sunscreen to avoid sun
• Take care of your valuable belongings at all times. As instances
of handbag snatching have been widely reported in the country.
• The visitors should respect the slow pace of processions when
you are stuck behind.
• Bargain while shopping in Indonesia.
Tips for Don'ts in Indonesia:
• Stepping on offerings in the street of Indonesia should be
• Don’t honk if you are struck behind the slow pace of
• If you are planning to go for swimming, swim around the assigned
• Don’t touch heads of male, female and even children, as it is
considered offensive in the country.
• Don’t enter temple during menstruation.
• Don’t use your left hand in sacking or handing over something to
Don’t try to swim outside designated swimming areas on the
Indonesian beach as the currents can be strong.
These are some of the essential tips for do’s and don’ts in
Indonesia. If you follow these tips then your trip to Indonesia
will be a remarkable one.