Prohibited and Restricted Items
Certain items are prohibited
(banned) or restricted (subject to certain conditions) for import and/or
export to some countries. These are goods of social, health, environment, wild life
and security concerns. There is no complete and exhaustive list of all the
items, but some of them are listed below:
• Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances
• Pornographic and obscene material
• Counterfeit and pirated goods and goods infringing any of the legally
enforceable intellectual property rights
• Aero models (such as remote controlled toy helicopters) that operate on
high radio bandwidths because of their possible interference with the
communication networks of security agencies.
• Chemicals mentioned in Schedule 1 to the Chemical Weapons Convention of
• Wild life products such as human skeleton, specified sea-shells, beef,
tallow, fat/oil of animal origin, exotic birds except a few specified ones,
wild animals, their parts and products, specified live birds and animals.
• Firearms and ammunition
• Live birds and animals including pets
• Plants and their produce e.g. fruits, seeds
• Endangered species of plants and animals, whether live or dead.
• Any goods for commercial purpose: for profit, gain or commercial usage.
• Radio transmitters not approved for normal usage
• Gold and Silver, other than ornaments (for import only)
• Currency in excess of prescribed limits
• Telephone and telephony equipments of restricted frequencies
• Medicines and drugs
• Certain Animals - Camel, Horses, Cattle
• Semi processed hides and skins
• Silk worms, silk worm seeds and cocoons
• Family Planning Devices (NOC from Ministry of Health Required)
• Vintage products, replicas of antiques or weapons
• Sand and soil
• Whole human blood plasma and certain products derived from human blood
• Sandal-wood (except handicraft products & oil)
This Prohibited and Restricted
Items page are available to help you find your route through the
Airport easily and efficiently.