Improper carriage of
baggage can put one through a lot of inconvenience. Passengers are
therefore advised to ensure their baggage is properly packed and
The following tips will be handy:
• Make sure you know your free
checked baggage allowance.
• Don’t pack any valuables in your checked baggage.
• Any items over your allowance will be charged as excess baggage.
• Label your bags correctly with your name and address and remove tags and
labels left over from previous flights.
• Make sure you know your hand baggage allowance and the latest
restrictions on carriage of certain items in your hand baggage.
• Make sure you take medication, important documents, valuable items and
cash in your hand baggage.
• Do not carry packages with unidentified contents on behalf of other
• In some instances you may be required to identify or claim your baggage,
for security or local customs reasons, at the connecting point.
• Do not accept any packets from unknown persons.
• Do not leave baggage unobserved at any time, especially within airport
area. Unattended baggage may be removed by Airport Security Staff as an
object of suspicion.
• Make sure you declare before checking-in, if carrying any arms or
explosive substances. Concealment is an offence under the Aircraft Act and
• Battery cells in any
electrical / electronic items are permissible now & will now not be removed
at the security point. Loose battery cells / dry cells carried in the hand
baggage are liable to be removed and the airline would not be in a position
to hand over the same at the destination. Please carry the same in the
• Before approaching the check-in counters, you may be required to pass all
your pieces of baggage to be checked in through the X-ray machines operated
by security personnel.
This Packing Tips page are
available to help you find your route through the Airport easily and